THE FIONA MACPHERSON NEW EDITOR OF THE YEAR
The award, judged by the BSME Committee, is named in memory of Fiona Macpherson, editor of Harpers & Queen and a former Committee member.
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR:
- Evidence of outstanding editorial talent, commitment, market knowledge, innovation and commercial savvy
- An editor who understands its readers and how to talk to them in a unique and consistent way
- How the brand has developed editorially OR been consistently excellent and appropriate for its readership
THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO:
- Any editor of a British brand within their first two continuous years of editing (ie who was not an editor before 31 July 2014) and at least six months into their current editorship. Editors may only enter once during the two-year period
- Print titles must be published at least twice a year
- You may, if eligible, enter other categories - click here
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
- Who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
- What are your brand objectives and how have you met them?
- What are the key things that you have done to improve, change or consistently maintain your title?
- How have you made use of your resources?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO
Complete the form below
Print titles only: Provide six copies each of three magazines available during the period 1 August 2015 to 31 July 2016 that you think best show how your brand meets the criteria (if your print title only comes out twice a year, please submit EIGHT copies of each of the two issues)
If you edit a digital brand please enclose a screengrab of your web traffic analytics (such as Google Analytics or similar)
You need to provide 16 copies of the entry form and your CV – photocopies are acceptable. All entries must be printed on regular A4 paper and should not be bound. Please do not submit material on art paper
Please send these to the BSME office and keep a copy for your records
There is an administration charge of £45 + VAT for each entry
If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2016 an additional payment of £154 + VAT must accompany each entry.
Independent titles may enter at the special non-member rate of £54 + VAT plus the administration charge.
- Enclose a cheque payable to The British Society of Magazine Editors
- Click here to pay online
- Call the BSME office (020 8906 4664) to pay by BACS
Entries without payment will not be processed.
Mark your entry BSME Awards and add the name of your own title.
Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
- Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Incomplete entries will not be processed
- Entries received without payment will not be processed
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned