LAUNCH OF THE YEAR
(including content based Brand Extensions in their first year).
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR AN EDITOR:
- Who demonstrates editorial innovation and excellence
- Whose brand has made a significant impact on its market and on its audience
THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO:
- Editors of British magazines and digital titles whose titles have launched after 1 April 2015, and who have been editing the title for at least four months since the launch date
- If your title has relaunched but retained the same name you are not eligible to enter the Launch category and should enter the relevant Editors of the Year or other categories - click here for category list
- You may, if eligible, enter other award categories, excluding the Editor of the Year categories - click here for category list. Please ensure you submit a complete set of material for each entry
- Print titles must be published at least twice a year and you must have edited a minimum of three issues (two if your title is published twice yearly) in the period 1 April 2011 to 31 July 2016
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. What are your brand objectives, who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
2. How have you met these objectives?
3. How have you made use of your resources?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO
Complete the form below
Print titles only: Provide three copies each of three magazines, including the launch issue, available during the period 1 August 2015 to 31 July 2016, that you think best show how your brand meets the criteria (if your print title only comes out twice a year, please submit FIVE copies of each of the two issues)
If you edit a digital brand please enclose a screengrab of your web traffic analytics (such as Google Analytics)
You need to provide seven copies of the entry form, and of your supporting statement – photocopies are acceptable. All entries must be printed on regular A4 paper and should not be bound. Please do not submit material on art paper
Please send these to the BSME office and keep a copy for your records
There is an administration charge of £45 + VAT for each entry
If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2016 an additional payment of £154 + VAT must accompany each entry.
Independent titles may enter at the special non-member rate of £54 + VAT plus the administration charge.
- Enclose a cheque payable to The British Society of Magazine Editors
- Click here to pay online
- Call the BSME office (020 8906 4664) to pay by BACS
Entries without payment will not be processed.
Mark your entry BSME Awards and add the name of your own title.
Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
- Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Incomplete entries will not be processed
- Entries received without payment will not be processed
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned