COLUMNIST OF THE YEAR
CONSUMER AND GENERAL INTEREST
PRINT AND/OR DIGITAL
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR A COLUMNIST WHO:
- Consistently delivers engaging, relevant, entertaining and/or informative copy
- Enhances the brand’s content
WHO CAN BE ENTERED
- Any named columnist who writes regularly for a magazine or digital edition and who has contributed to the title at least three times during the eligible period (1 August 2014 to 31 July 2015)
- If the columnist writes regularly for more than one brand then each brand may enter
- The columnist must be entered by his/her editor
- You may submit more than one entry for this category
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. Who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
2. What contribution does this columnist make to your brand?
3. How have readers responded and reacted to the column?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO
Complete the form below
Choose three columns to be submitted. They may be from consecutive issues but must be from the period 1 August 2014 to 31 July 2015
You need to make seven copies of the entry form and the three columns – photocopies are acceptable. All entries must be printed on regular A4 paper and should not be bound. Please do not submit material on art paper
Please send these to the BSME office and keep a copy for your records
There is an administration charge of £35 + VAT for each entry
If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2015 an additional payment of £160 + VAT must accompany each entry
Please either enclose a cheque payable to The British Society of Magazine Editors.
Mark your entry BSME Awards and add the name of your own title.
Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
- Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Incomplete entries will not be processed
- Entries received without payment will not be processed
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned