INNOVATION / BRAND-BUILDING INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR
PRINT AND/OR DIGITAL (including non-content based Brand Extensions (e.g. Events, Awards, Clubs etc). Excluding Campaigns)
THE BSME COMMITTEE WHO JUDGE THIS CATEGORY WILL BE LOOKING FOR:
- Editorial originality
- Quality of execution/user experience
- Benefit to brand
- Evidence of success
WHAT CAN BE ENTERED
- An innovation or brand-building initiative featured in a British magazine or digital edition between 1 August 2014 and 31 July 2015
- An innovation could be an exceptional feature, cover, series, app, or event. It could be brilliantly simple, but deemed a stroke of genius nonetheless
- A brand-building initiative must be featured editorially and have engaged readers and potential readers beyond the editorial page. It can be on-going but must have pushed the brand to a wider audience during the year under consideration, heightening awareness of its core values to readers and potential readers. It can be either a new idea, or an existing one that has been taken to a new level. It can include apps, award schemes, competitions and reader events
- Campaigns should be entered in the Campaign category click here
- Covermounts and gift promotions not supported editorially are excluded
- To submit an entry, you must have been editing the title for a minimum of six months – that is, since 31 January 2015
- Only material produced under your editorship may be submitted
- You may submit more than one entry for this category
- You may enter other categories if applicable - click here for category list
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. What is your innovation/brand-building initiative and why does it deserve to win?
2. How have you made best use of your resources?
3. How has the innovation or initiative benefited your brand?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO
Complete the form below
Provide examples of the Innovation or Brand-Building Initiative as featured during the relevant period (please limit the amount of supporting material and testimonials to a maximum of 12 pages)
You need to make 16 copies of the entry form, the innovation or brand-building examples – photocopies are acceptable. All entries must be printed on regular A4 paper and should not be bound. Please do not submit material on art paper
Please send these to the BSME office and keep a copy for your records
There is an administration charge of £35 + VAT for each entry
If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2015 an additional payment of £160 + VAT must accompany each entry
Please either enclose a cheque payable to The British Society of Magazine Editors.
Mark your entry BSME Awards and add the name of your own title.
Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
- Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Incomplete entries will not be processed
- Entries received without payment will not be processed
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned