WHAT CAN BE ENTERED
• An innovation or brand-building initiative featured in a British magazine or digital edition between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2017
• It must have been featured editorially and have engaged readers and potential readers beyond the editorial page. It can be either a new idea, or an existing one that has been taken to a new level. It can include apps, award schemes, competitions and reader events
• Covermounts and gift promotions not supported editorially are excluded
• You may submit more than one entry for this category
• Campaigns should be entered in the Campaign category
Line managers should submit a supporting statement and include no more than 10 x A4 pages supporting examples of the innovation. Should you wish to enter more than once for this category a separate entry must be submitted for each innovation.
Please note – the title's editor should ratify each entry but may not be listed as an entrant as they are eligible to enter the main BSME Awards.
Please submit a supporting statement of no more than 500 words (please include a word count). The judges will be looking for:
· A description of the Innovation and an explanation about why it deserves to win
· How you have made best use of your resources
· How has the innovation benefited your brand
Please complete the form below and send it with the statement, examples of work and payment to the BSME Office. Please send the completed entry form as a word document. The supporting statement and material should be sent as one complete PDF either on a disc or USB stick, with a print-out on A4 paper. Please keep a copy for your records.
Either pay online (click here) or send a cheque made payable to the BSME with your entry. The entry fee is £100.00 for BSME members and £125.00 for Non-BSME members (to qualify for the BSME rate the chief sub/production editor must have been a member of the BSME during the period 1 January to 31 December 2017. If you had temporary membership from entering the main BSME 2017 Awards you must pay the non-member rate).
A VAT receipt will be sent out in due course
Mark your entry Talent Awards and add the name of your title. Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
Incomplete entries will not be processed
Entries received without payment will not be processed
Entries and supporting material will not be returned