EDITOR OF THE YEAR
THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO:
- Any editor of a British brand with a print iteration that is published at least twice a year, who has been editing the brand for at least six months during the period 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018.
- You may enter a brand in only one Editor of the Year category but in any number of other categories – please ensure you submit a complete set of material for each entry
- If your brand has launched since 1 April 2017, please enter the Launch category - click here
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR EDITORS:
- Whose brand has achieved and maintained within their market sector consistently high editorial quality in terms of ideas, words, design, contributors, illustration and photography
- Who can demonstrate innovation and their success in communicating with their audience
- Who can show how their brand has developed editorially during the year
- Whose brand has been consistently excellent and appropriate for their readership
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. Who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
2. What are your brand objectives and how have you met them?
3. What are the key things that you have done to improve, change or consistently maintain your title?
4. How have you made use of your resources?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO:
· Complete the form below
· Send two copies of three magazine available during the period 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018 that you think best show how your brand meets the criteria.
· Send one hard copy of the entry form with the magazines. You must also email a copy of the completed entry form to email@example.com
Please send these to the BSME office and keep a copy for your records
There is an administration charge of £120 + VAT for each entry
If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2018, the fee to enter £230 + VAT per entry
· enclose a cheque payable to The British Society of Magazine Editors
· click here to pay online
· call the BSME office on 020 8906 4664 to pay by BACS
Entries without payment will not be processed
Mark your entry BSME Awards and add the name of your own title.
Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
- Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Incomplete entries will not be processed
- Entries received without payment will not be processed
- Entries and supporting material will not be returned