EDITOR OF THE YEAR
BUSINESS & FINANCE
THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO:
Any editor of a British brand with a print iteration that is published at least twice a year, who has been editing the brand for at least six months during the period 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019.
You may enter a brand in only one Editor of the Year category but in any number of other categories – please ensure you submit a complete set of material for each entry
If your brand has launched since 1 April 2018, please enter the Launch category - click here
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR EDITORS:
Whose brand has achieved and maintained within their market sector consistently high editorial quality in terms of ideas, words, design, contributors, illustration and photography
Who can demonstrate innovation and their success in communicating with their audience
Who can show how their brand has developed editorially during the year
Whose brand has been consistently excellent and appropriate for their readership
Who can demonstrate inspiring leadership (eg nurturing talent etc)
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. Who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
2. What are your brand objectives and how have you met them?
3. What are the key things that you have done to improve, change or consistently maintain your title?
4. How have you made use of your resources?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO:
· Complete the online form below
· Save a copy for your records
· Print off one copy and send to the BSME office with two copies of three magazine available during the period 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019 that you think best show how your brand meets the criteria.
Where there has been a redesign please email a pdf copy of the previous design with the completed entry form
· Pay online or call the BSME office to pay by BACS
COST OF ENTERING
BSME Member: £130.00 + VAT administration charge
Independent BSME Member: £110.00 + VAT administration charge
Non-Member: £250.00 + VAT administration charge
Independent Non-Member: £150.00 + VAT administration charge
Please note that:
* If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2019 the non-member rate is applicable.
* The Independent rate is only applicable to Publishers of no more than a few core titles whose financial and creative decisions are made by the same person/people.
* The Non-Member rate includes membership of the BSME until 31 December 2019, but does not allow entry to the 2020 Talent Awards at the Member Rate.
* Entries will not be processed until payment is received.
* Please complete and submit the form and then return to the category page to pay online, or call the BSME office on 020 8906 4664 to pay by BACS
SENDING YOUR MATERIAL
Mark your entry BSME Awards and add the name of your own title.
Send it to: BSME Administration, Gill Branston & Associates, 137 Hale Lane, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 9QP
Entries will be accepted only between 10.00am and 4.00pm, Monday to Friday
Incomplete entries will not be processed
Entries received without payment will not be processed
Entries and supporting material will not be returned