COLUMNIST OF THE YEAR - Consumer
WHO CAN BE ENTERED
- Any named columnist who writes regularly for a magazine or digital edition and who has contributed to the title at least three times during the eligible period (1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018)
- If the columnist writes regularly for more than one brand then each brand may enter
- The columnist must be entered by his/her editor
- You may submit more than one entry for this category
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR A COLUMNIST WHO:
- Consistently delivers engaging, relevant, entertaining and/or informative copy
- Enhances the brand’s content
- Raises the profile – and game – of your brand
- Is synonymous with your brand and provides a reason to return for readers and/or talk about factor beyond the page
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. Who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
2. What contribution does this columnist make to your brand?
3. How have readers responded and reacted to the column?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO:
· Complete the form below
· Choose three columns to be submitted. They may be from consecutive issues but must be from the period 1 August 2017 to 31 July 2018
· Send a hard copy of the entry form and three columns to the BSME
· Email these, with the completed entry form to email@example.com
There is an administration charge of £120 + VAT for each entry
If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2017, the fee to enter is £230 + VAT per entry (£99 + VAT for Independent Brands).
· enclose a cheque payable to The British Society of Magazine Editors
· click here to pay online
· call the BSME office on 020 8906 4664 to pay by BACS
- Entries without payment will not be processed