EDITOR OF THE YEAR
THE COMPETITION IS OPEN TO:
Any digital editor of a British brand (including all digital formats, such as website, iPad editions, Apps and Social Media) who has been editing the brand’s content for at least six months during the period 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019.
Only content that you have edited may be submitted
If appropriate, you may submit an entry based on more than one project
You may enter a brand in only one Editor of the Year category but in any number of other categories – please ensure you submit a complete set of material for each entry
If your brand has launched since 1 April 2018, please enter the Launch category - click here
THE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR
Examples of original content
A good user experience, including ease of navigation
Effective and creative use of multimedia and social media where appropriate
Brands that have developed editorially during the year
Brands that are consistently excellent and appropriate for their readership
Brands who can demonstrate inspiring leadership (eg nurturing talent etc)
Tell us in no more than 500 words what you’ve done that marks you out as exceptional. Key points to address might be:
1. Who is your audience and how does your brand fit into the marketplace?
2. What are your brand objectives and how have you met them?
3. What are the key things that you have done to improve, change or consistently maintain your title?
4. How have you made use of your resources?
TO ENTER YOU NEED TO:
Complete the online form below
Email a copy of the completed entry form, three examples of content that you think best show how your brand meets the criteria, and a screengrab of your web traffic analytics (such as Google Analytics or similar) to email@example.com with your brand and category name in the email title
Where there has been a redesign, please also email a pdf copy of the previous design
Save a copy for your records
Pay online below or call the BSME office to pay by BACS
COST OF ENTERING
BSME Member: £130.00 + VAT
Independent BSME Member: £110.00 + VAT
Non-Member: £250.00 + VAT
Independent Non-Member: £150.00 + VAT
Please note that:
* If you were not a member of the BSME on 1 June 2019 the non-member rate is applicable
* The Independent rate is only applicable to Publishers of no more than a few core titles whose financial and creative decisions are made by the same person/people
* The Non-Member rate includes membership of the BSME until 31 December 2019, but does not allow entry to the 2020 Talent Awards at the Member Rate
* Entries will not be processed until payment is received
* Please complete and submit the form and then return to the category page and click here to pay online, or call the BSME office on 020 8906 4664 to pay by BACS
SENDING YOUR MATERIAL
Please email your entry form and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with your brand and category name in the email title. If you are entering more than one category, please send a separate email for each category.
Please note that:
You will receive an acknowledgement email. If you do not receive this, please call the BSME office on 020 890 4664
Incomplete entries will not be processed
Entries received without payment will not be processed
Entries and supporting material will not be returned